Clean air, clean water and preserving our iconic natural resources are fundamental to guiding what we do for our environment – not just for us, but for Australia’s future generations.
Examples of what needs to be done:
- Call on state governments to identify and preserve our best agricultural land as an investment in our future.
- Review the applicability of California’s vehicle emissions standards to Australia.
- Protect groundwater (aquifers, including the Great Artesian Basin) from any adverse impacts of mining and coal seam gas exploration.
- Implement an efficient emissions trading scheme based on the Frontier Economics scheme.
- Enact federal legislation to protect key environmental assets, rather than being dealt with on a state by state basis.
- Maintain the right of environmental and community groups to pursue legal action under environmental legislation.