Regional centres around Australia present a prime opportunity for both investment in development and economic growth.
Examples of what needs to be done:
- Encourage industry and educational institutions to invest in regional Australia via incentives, helping to boost both the economy and increase education pathways.
- Encourage immigrant arrivals to settle in rural and regional Australia.
- Encourage tourism and the arts to refocus on the regions.
- Economic incentives for families living in regions.
- Call upon government to revisit the recommendations proposed in 2013 House of Representatives report into ‘fly in, fly out’ workforce practices in regional Australia.
- Greater incentives for renewable energy in regional areas to boost manufacturing.